Socom's Boot Camp
New Here? Make sure to register and enjoy your time at SBC!
Socom's Boot Camp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Socom's Boot Camp

Socom's newest community for clan recruiting and discussion

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary

Go down 
+6
GlidingGoose
Holy_Knight
Nhlfanforever999
Jay-O
KillerBunE
JCMercenary
10 posters
AuthorMessage
JCMercenary
Administrator
Administrator
JCMercenary

Motto : Requiescat in pace.

[PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary Empty
PostSubject: [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary   [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 4:48 pm

I have to say, this is an awesome game. It takes place in 1911 in the Western states and parts of Mexico. You play as John Marston, and you're trying to get your wife and son back from the government. You have to do this by killing the major members of the old gang you used to be in; Dutch's gang. It takes you across a map that's been reported to be at least twice the size of GTA: San Andreas.

The combat system is done really nice; using a weapon wheel to pick weapons from different categories such as sniper rifles, handguns, shotguns, thrown weapons, and rifles/repeaters. It utilizes a system called Dead-Eye that slows things down for you and lets you get a good, precise shot on a target. At the highest rank (Rank 3) of Dead-Eye, it lets you select your own targets anywhere on people/animals and lets you choose more than one target. Essentially, you could take out 6 targets within 2 seconds all by headshot if you play your cards right.

There's lots of minigames like bounty hunting, arm wrestling, blackjack, poker, horseshoes, and there's even hunting. Any animal you see can be killed. ANY animal.

The story is really good, has a strong plot, interesting characters, humor, and an emotional ending.

I'd give it a 9.5/10, only because there's the occasional minor glitch, and there's no music other than a few songs in situations near the end of the story (they really give a strong feeling, though), and the classic western music that plays while in combat, in a bar, etc. I wish they would've implemented in-game music for PS3 users, but overall, very, very impressive game. I'd recommend it.

As for the ESRB rating, it's M, and with good reason. There's no shortage of blood, guns, and death, and there's one scene at the beginning of a mission (a cutscene) where your character walks in on...well, yeah.
Oh, and you can tie people up and leave them on the train tracks and watch as they basically explode from the impact. If it's a woman, you even get a trophy! Thumbs Up

Last edited by JCMercenary on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://sse.us.tt
KillerBunE
Commander
Commander

Motto : TEH PIRAETS LIFES IS THE LIFE FOR ME LOLOLOL AND A BOTTEL OF WIN

PostSubject: Re: [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary   [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:45 pm

great review dude, can you pls give me a format or template for this. i need to now what the format has to be to do one (if i dont have a format i have to follow i will most likely start to mix stuff up and it will get confusing) thanks i will get right to it once i have it Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.socomfireteambravo3.com/chat
Jay-O
Captain
Captain
Jay-O

Motto : Kiss my ASSS and suffer;):D!!!

PostSubject: Re: [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary   [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 8:41 pm

I FKN LOVE GUYS;)HappyHappyHappyHappy!!!!!! LoL!!, just sayin:)!!
Back to top Go down
Nhlfanforever999
Rear Admiral Upper Half
Rear Admiral Upper Half
Nhlfanforever999

Motto : Don't even try...

PostSubject: Re: [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary   [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:26 pm

Red Dead Redemption is a very, very good game.
Back to top Go down
JCMercenary
Administrator
Administrator
JCMercenary

PostSubject: Re: [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary   [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 6:17 am

KillerBunE wrote:
great review dude, can you pls give me a format or template for this. i need to now what the format has to be to do one (if i dont have a format i have to follow i will most likely start to mix stuff up and it will get confusing) thanks i will get right to it once i have it Happy
I didn't really follow a template, haha. I just wrote a bunch of information about it as it came to me. If you want, though, I'll write one up and put it in the Rules thread.
Back to top Go down
Holy_Knight
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Holy_Knight

Motto : Hackers are communists.....

PostSubject: Re: [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary   [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:28 am

Nice Review man. I totally agree. This is just as good as Fallout 3. Thumbs Up By the way, didn't you also get something special in Fallout 3 if you killled a woman?
Back to top Go down
GlidingGoose
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half
GlidingGoose

Motto : Im Australian, Get used to it

PostSubject: Re: [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary   [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 7:14 am

Acclaim+

Great review
Back to top Go down
The Show
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
The Show

Motto : Best Sniping Clan

PostSubject: Re: [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary   [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:38 am

I thought this was for ps3 only?
Back to top Go down
Nhlfanforever999
Rear Admiral Upper Half
Rear Admiral Upper Half
Nhlfanforever999

PostSubject: Re: [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary   [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:31 am

The Show wrote:
I thought this was for ps3 only?
Nope, I own this game for the X-box 360 :P
Back to top Go down
JCMercenary
Administrator
Administrator
JCMercenary

PostSubject: Re: [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary   [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:10 pm

Turns out that the PS3 version supports in-game music, one of the few PS3 games that does this. I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere, and then somebody on a different forum posted it. Wish I would've known this a week ago.
Back to top Go down
Nhlfanforever999
Rear Admiral Upper Half
Rear Admiral Upper Half
Nhlfanforever999

PostSubject: Re: [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary   [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:37 am

JCMercenary wrote:
Turns out that the PS3 version supports in-game music, one of the few PS3 games that does this. I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere, and then somebody on a different forum posted it. Wish I would've known this a week ago.
I hate it when you find something out about a game that you didn't know before after you've had it for a while :P
Back to top Go down
Gamble_STARS
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Gamble_STARS

Motto : "Go big or go home"

PostSubject: Re: [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary   [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:01 pm

I don't see the pleasure of killing a woman even if it is fake. Too violent for me, even though im 18.
Back to top Go down
Nhlfanforever999
Rear Admiral Upper Half
Rear Admiral Upper Half
Nhlfanforever999

PostSubject: Re: [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary   [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:22 am

Gamble_STARS wrote:
I don't see the pleasure of killing a woman even if it is fake. Too violent for me, even though im 18.
You're a very mature young man.. LOL, but when do you kill a women?
Back to top Go down
Jay-O
Captain
Captain
Jay-O

Motto : Kiss my ASSS and suffer;):D!!!

PostSubject: Re: [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary   [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:32 am

Gamble_STARS wrote:

This is LOL funny here Gamble;)!! Dude you need to loosen up man;)!!! You can't act like you've never wanted to beat a women before for whatev good reason, BUT then KNOWING YOU HAVE YOUR CHANCE IN A VIDEO GAME IS THE PERFECT AND BEST PLACE HEHE;)!! I'm not the type of person that beats girls trying to hurt them in real life too of course, DUH LOL!!! But it's LOL funny when I do it in a game man;):D!! JUST LOOSEN UP A SOME, IT'S ONLY A VIDEO GAME;)!!!

Last edited by Jay-O on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
rpgzilla
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half
rpgzilla

Motto : WHO WAS PHONE!?

PostSubject: Re: [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary   [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 12:28 pm

Gamble_STARS wrote:
How about mollesting one?
Back to top Go down
Nhlfanforever999
Rear Admiral Upper Half
Rear Admiral Upper Half
Nhlfanforever999

PostSubject: Re: [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary   [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:35 pm

rpgzilla wrote:
Gamble_STARS wrote:
How about mollesting one?
Ahahah, LOL, at the link
Back to top Go down
Gamble_STARS
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Gamble_STARS

Motto : "Go big or go home"

PostSubject: Re: [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary   [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 7:14 pm

Between you and me....I'd tear PAZ up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would not take it easy on her, her and Dr.Strangelove.
Back to top Go down
Nhlfanforever999
Rear Admiral Upper Half
Rear Admiral Upper Half
Nhlfanforever999

PostSubject: Re: [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary   [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 10:13 pm

Gamble_STARS wrote:
Between you and me....I'd tear PAZ up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would not take it easy on her, her and Dr.Strangelove.
Errr... Oh my... That sounds....Ummm... I'm gonna go now.
Back to top Go down
CloudSheperd
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Motto : Live free, or DIE.

PostSubject: Re: [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary   [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:06 am

JCMercenary wrote:

Oh, and you can tie people up and leave them on the train tracks and watch as they basically explode from the impact. If it's a woman, you even get a trophy! Thumbs Up

HAHAHAHAHAHA I laughed my butt off when i read that. Also the use of the Thumbs Up makes it more funny xD
Back to top Go down
http://gamingelements.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary   [PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[PS3] [X360] Red Dead Redemption - JCMercenary
Page 1 of 1